The International Student Association and the Division of Student Life are again recruiting for the International Hospitality Program. The purpose of the program is to assist international students with the cultural transition and transition to life at Jacksonville University. Participation in the program will provide an opportunity for international students to develop relationships with families and individuals who can serve as resources, share cultural experiences, and offer a support network.
Student Life will coordinate the student-host matching process. All hosts will receive their student’s information prior to the student’s arrival in mid-August. Additionally, all hosts will be invited to meet their student during an orientation event on Tuesday, Aug. 21 at 6 p.m. in Oak Hall Multipurpose room.
If you are interested in serving as a host, please send me the following information:
Preferred region or country:
Interested in hosting 1 or 2 students:
Suggestions for host families/individuals:
- Communicate with your student prior to his/her arrival.
- Create a welcome package for your student.
- Maintain regular contact with your student through email, phone, and visits.
- Invite your student to participate in activities outside of the university setting, when appropriate.
- Serve as a resource for involvement opportunities in the greater Jacksonville community.
Host families/individuals are not responsible for the following:
- Providing housing for students.
- Giving advice on or intervening in academic, legal, or employment matters.
- Assisting with financial needs.
Please contact me with any questions.
Kristie Gover, Ed.D.
Dean of Student Development
International Student Advisor