To: JU Faculty and Staff
From: Office of Human Resources
We are excited to invite you to the annual Faculty and Staff Health & Lifestyle Fair, scheduled for Tuesday, April 16 from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. in the Davis College of Business lobby conference rooms! This year, HR and the Employee Advisory Committee (EAC) are teaming up to promote the fair, and it is our hope you will join us and take advantage of this free and informative event. Last year, more than 150 individuals took part in the fair and many reported the significant role it played in aiding them to address and maintain their health and wellness. Specifically, one JU employee stated:
“The health fair helped me re-evaluate many of my thoughts and decisions regarding fitness and nutrition. I lost more than 25 pounds, lowered my blood pressure, and improved my cholesterol levels by implementing the recommendations I received from the health coaches I met with.”
This year’s fair will feature over 20 vendors, providing a variety of services, including:
- Free health screening with immediate and confidential results on cholesterol, blood sugar and blood pressure
- Free consultation with an onsite wellness nurse or coach
- Visit with many health and wellness vendors, including free vision and hearing screening
- Tips on health-related topics such as nutrition, diet and fitness
- Sodexo representatives to discuss healthy on-campus meal plan options
- Free chair massages
- Representatives from our benefit providers, including TIAA-CREF, VALIC, medical, dental and vision to answer any questions you may have.
- Great door prizes including a $100 cash award and more!
You can visit the Faculty and Staff Health Fair anytime between 10 and 2. If you prefer, you can also make an appointment by signing up directly with Florida Blue by clicking on this link.
We are excited to partner again with Florida Blue to bring you this comprehensive and informative health and wellness event and look forward to seeing you there. Please save the date of TUESDAY, April 16 on your calendar and spread the word!
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact the Office of Human Resources at extension 7025.