Music @ Main Evening Concerts
Tuesday Serenades, 7 p.m.
Main Library – Hicks Auditorium
303 N. Laura St.
- October 15, 2013: Dr. Gregory Sauer, cello, and Dr. Heidi Louise Williams, piano (FSU faculty artists)
- November 5, 2013: Jacksonville University Choral Groups, Dr. Timothy Snyder, director
- December 3, 2013: Dr. Boyan Bonev, cello (UWF faculty artist)
- January 7, 2014: Dr. Minyoung Cho, violin
- February 4, 2014: Julian Toha, piano
- March 4, 2014: Students from Douglas Anderson Schools of the Arts, Vera Watson, faculty coordinator
- April 1, 2014: Kimberly Beasley, soprano (JU faculty artist)
- May 6, 2014: Dr. Ken Trimmins, trumpet & Dr. Mimi Noda, piano (ASU faculty artists)
- June 3, 2014: Musicians from Navy Band Southeast
Jacksonville Public Library’s Main Library contributes to the community’s cultural life by offering a wide variety of classical music programming. Since their inception in February 2006, the Music @ Main programs have remained the best-attended ongoing series of adult programs in the history of JPL.
The concerts showcase the artistry of prominent First Coast musicians, as well as the emerging talents of gifted students from among the area’s many outstanding music education programs. Unless otherwise noted, Music @ Main concerts are presented in the Main Library’s Hicks Auditorium, located on the Conference Level of the Library near the Main Street entrances.
The evening concert schedule could change if the library’s service hours are significantly reduced due to budget cuts.
Library customers who use the public garage at Duval and Main streets may take their garage tickets to the ground-floor Popular Services Desk to get validation for free parking weekday evenings when entering after 5 p.m., and on weekends. Free on-street parking is also available on weekends and evenings after 6 p.m.